In 2020, 2021, and 2022, Brett was selected by Thomson Reuters Super Lawyers as a "Top-Rated Consumer Law Attorney in New York, NY."
After completing judicial internships at the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit and the Office of the Chief Justice at the Supreme Court of Ohio, Brett D. Sherman gained extensive experience in sophisticated consumer litigation, securities litigation, employment litigation, and class actions, both in private practice and as a senior litigator, litigation manager, and employment advisory counsel in the General Counsel offices at investment banks Morgan Stanley and Merrill Lynch. For approximately fifteen years, Brett has focused almost exclusively on representing consumers and investors in litigation about credit reports, background check reports, and claims about unlawful investment practices.
- Capital University Law School, J.D., cum laude, law review, order of the curia
- Lehigh University, BA, political science
- State of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York